11610-65 Avenue, Edmonton AB T6G 2E1
Phone: (780) 492-1000
The GO Community Cezteams in the Capital region. This community-based, multi-use, recreation and sports complex is part of Saville Community Sports Center the will be built on the University of Alberta’s South Campus, easily accessible from the new South Campus LRT station.
The GO Community Centre is a partner with the University of Alberta in GO Sports that operates the Gymnastics, Volleyball and Basketball portion of the Saville Community Sports Centre.
The GO Community Centre is a partnership among four established community sports organizations: the Edmonton Grads Basketball Centre, Ortona Gymnastics Club and the Edmonton Volleyball Centre Society. The project harnesses the talents and energy of all partners to address critical issues and to create a prime venue for growth and expansion of recreation and sports opportunities for all people in the Region.
GO Sports operates a facility that:
- gets children and youth unplugged and active by increasing access to programs. This is especially important to at-risk youth who have few programs and facilities to address their unique needs
- provides opportunities for people of all ages, abilities, cultural and financial backgrounds to take part in general recreation activities; with a focus on the sports of basketball, volleyball and gymnastics
- provides much-needed quality and affordable gym space for Edmonton basketball and volleyball communities
- enables program growth and development based on real needs within the community. This may include everything from drop-in programs to new leagues as well as opportunities for existing leagues to add more teams and space
- has spaces that can be used by other groups — such as indoor soccer, badminton, martial arts, Boy Scouts, Girl Guides, floor hockey, dance groups or the growing sport of futsal
- takes pressure off gyms in other areas, helping them provide more access to community groups
- improves and expands recreational and competitive gymnastics programs by replacing the aging facilities used by the Ortona Gymnastics Club and the University of Alberta Gymnastics Centre
- honours and preserves the rich memory of the Edmonton Grads Basketball Team and the long history of the Ortona Gymnastics Club
- provides a home for the University’s Golden Bear and Panda CIS volleyball and basketball programs. As well as provide space for recreational and drop-in activities for students, academic classes, research programs, gymnastics and special events